Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My 10-year-old son stayed home sick today with a migraine. This situation is really tough for a single working mom, and I did not handle it very well. "What do you mean you are sick? Are you sure? I have meetings today; try and get up." Poor little guy -- turns out he really was sick. Not surprisingly I was able to rearrange and reschedule most of my meetings. And I planned on working from home on other projects. But after almost two hours of trying, with tech support from work, I could not get my computer to function. So I relaxed at home -- my son's sick day turned out to be a luxury for me. I apologized profusely to him for not handling myself well -- and silently thanked him for my gift of time.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was invited to dinner, the evening of the 20th, and I thought you handled yourself very well. Even with a sick child, There was much laughter and much conversation, I really enjoyed myself, thank you very much for the invite Terri, you are truley special! In more ways than you can image!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where are you Terri! We miss your pithy comments! TOYS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home